Friday, March 02, 2007

PBDS

Pre Birthday Depressive Syndrome. PBDS. Something I go through every year.

Birthdays both excite and depress me.

The child in me is excited with all the attention I will get.
The adult will ask me "So Sravanthi...You are 22 now. What have you done with your life?".

I have no answers. None that will entirely satisfy my rational mind atleast. When I was younger it used to be something like learning to tie my shoe laces or learning to iron my own uniform. Now my mind looks for bigger things. Which I don't find. *sigh*

And 22 is OLD!!!! 21 is a nice age. The young-hot-blooded-passionate-take over and change the world type of age. At a few days before I turn 22 I feel more sober already. Like I have to be more responsible. Like I have to choose wisely. Like I have to tread carefully henceforth.

In the logical sense it shouldn't matter this much you know. What is a birthday after all? Just an acknowledgement of another year gone. Just another day. A day can't make you change. A day can't sober you up. Numbers don't matter. 22 is just another random number. It is. It is. It is. There. I have said it now. If only I can believe it.

Damn.

8 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Wat are you saying!!! you will foreva and eva be the young-hot-blooded-passionate-take over the world type of person. For, if not you, who then?:)

Anonymous said...

I think you need therapy. Contact me on 9891729591... will offer special Bday discount.

Sravanthi said...

@Mukhil: Ah well! :D

@pig: I hope all the telemarketers on earth find your number.

Mithra said...

yup.... i agree with all.... i think u ll be young n hot frever.... lol ... so go rock!!

unforgiven said...

A lot harder to believe when saying the same thing to yourself, at 29 ;)

Vinesh said...

i remember 22! that was three years ago!!

age always creeps in on you. and if you run hard, it always knows how to catch up and overtake you..

KVSSNrao said...

What have you done with your life?". or what have you done in your life?

Just keep a list of what you want to in the next year. Be happy when you are able to do some of them. Learn from things that you could not do, so that you can complete more in the next year. There are some websites that help you to write things you want to do in the next year. You can even write in your own blog.

You will achive many things. Plan. Do. Evaluate Results. Plan. Do.

www.kvssnrao-pss.blogspot.com